>
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Mysteries of Westgate's DRM activation limit is removed! 
Producer
Producer

Ossian Studios is pleased to announce that there is no longer a 3-activation limit on NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate. The activation limit has been removed by Atari after Ossian highlighted to them how many fans were not happy with it. You can now install MoW as many times as you like on your computer. Here are some quick facts about this change:

• Q: Do I still need to activate MoW to play?
    A: Yes. The DRM activation limit has been removed but you still need to activate MoW online for each new installation on your computer. After the one-time activation for each installation, you don’t need an Internet connection to play. Activation is necessary to prevent serial numbers from being posted to the web where hundreds or thousands of people can access it.

• Q: So, I don’t have to worry about changing my hardware and not being able to re-activate MoW?
    A: No. You can change the hardware configuration or operating system on your computer as often as you like and can re-activate MoW as many times as you like.

• Q: Is it okay if I install the game on more than one of my computers?
    A: Yes, that’s fine.

• Q: Are the MoW resources still encrypted?
    A: Yes, the MoW resource files are still encrypted. However, we have provided most of this content for free from the Mysteries of Westgate page on the NWVault:
    http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2ModulesEnglish.Detail&id=362

Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Awesome move Ossian!

I assume that downloading and installing a patch won't be necessary as this is server-side handled?

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:58 pm

Thats great news considering we have been having some serious electrical storms so far, and have replaced 2 computers due to direct lightning strikes... Gotta love spring.
Anyway, I just got the new pc, and was worried about having to contact Atari to re-activate... We all know how well Atari answers customer requests and cries for help...

If only they ran things like you folks did here at Ossian...
Thank you for once again looking out for the better interests of your fans!

http://www.xzyst.com/chaos_stream/

Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:58 pm
Producer
Producer

Iggy wrote:
Awesome move Ossian!

I assume that downloading and installing a patch won't be necessary as this is server-side handled?

That's correct - this change is completely server-side. So players don't have to do anything on their end.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]